Our services include:
- Housing solutions for homeless and at-risk of homeless adults and children
- Family matters and domestic violence
- HIV and AIDS victim advocacy
- Petitions for Personal Protection Orders (PPO), Divorce, Custody
- Elder law and elder abuse issues for those 60 and older
- Children’s & Education services
There is no charge if you qualify for one of our grant funded programs.
Each of our funders have established an eligibility criteria, which may vary from program to program. Income limits have been established by each funding source.
Our general office hours are Monday – Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, our Woodward office make appointments as needed for the Housing programs.
Yes, limited utility assistance may be available if the homeowner is at-risk of homelessness due to lack of utilities. We also offer help for homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure due to delinquent mortgage and/or property tax payments. Presently, we offer foreclosure prevention counseling, and as a grantee with the Michigan State Housing Development Authority, we offer assistance with applying for financial assistance through the Step Forward Michigan Program.
Each program or service has its own set of required documents. Staff will provide client with a list of documents needed based on program requirements.